Terms & Conditions
- Our Introductory Offer of limitless Classes (valid for 2 weeks) is only available to brand new clients of DEFY Pilates Pty Ltd T/A DEFY Method. You can only purchase the Introductory offer once. The Introductory Offer is non-refundable nor transferable and will activate from the date of your first class booking.
- A minimum of two people are required for a class to proceed. You will be contacted via text, phone or email should a class be cancelled. Please be aware classes are on a first come first serve basis. To avoid disappointment, classes can be booked up to 4 weeks in advance.
- Cancellations/Rescheduling classes need to be made more than 12 hours prior to your class beginning (morning or evenings). We understand sometimes unforeseeable circumstances can arise, but we have to be strict, fair and consistent with all clients across all studios therefore NO exceptions will be made. Late cancellations will incur a lost session.
- Bookings are made online via the website defymethod.com.au or mobile app. If you need to speak to someone please email email@example.com and you will receive a response within 24hours.
- Payment must be made upon booking, NO exceptions. To book into a class you must either have pre-purchased sessions in your account or pay at the time of booking.
- Out of consideration for the Trainer, other clients, and also for your own safety, the warm-up is an important aspect of each class. Please be aware that if you are more than 5 minutes late for a class, you may not be able to train.
- Owners and/or Trainers reserve the right to restrict clients to a particular class type for safety reasons; and Owners and/or Trainers reserve the right to turn clients away if they do not have the correct medical clearance.
- If a class you particularly want is fully booked please sign up for the waiting list. Due to our 12hr cancellation policy there is movement in the classes. Should a place become available then you will receive either an email or text from us offering you a place in the class. You are under no obligation to take a waitlisted offer, however we do ask that you respond by notifying us if you can attend or not. If you cannot make it, your place will be offered to the next client. Failure to respond to the waitlist offer will result in a lost session.
- Block Session Packs and Private Sessions are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase. Sessions are non-refundable and are not transferable between studios or individuals and CANNOT be extended unless you are injured, in which case we will request a medical certificate. Extensions due to medical reasons must be requested before the expiry date. Session packs cannot be shared with more than one person as all session packs are for individual use only.
- Monthly passes are valid for 1 month (30 days) from the date of your first class booking. Monthly passes are non-refundable and are not transferable between studios or individuals and CANNOT be extended unless you are injured, in which case we will request a medical certificate. Extensions due to medical reasons must be requested before the expiry date.
- Ongoing memberships are valid for the indicated term of the contract and require a minimum 4 weeks notice for cancellation.
- Sessions are not transferrable to another individual and CANNOT under any circumstances be used by another person. If someone other than the person booked into the class arrives to use the session, they will be turned away from the class – or asked to create an account and purchase their own sessions.
- Trainers and classes are subject to change without notice. DEFY Pilates Pty Ltd T/A DEFY Method reserves the right to cancel classes if necessary.
- If you do not cancel or reschedule your class outside of the 12 hour time frame or are a no show/absent from your class you will lose your session.
- You can only attend DEFY Pilates Pty Ltd T/A DEFY Method group classes up until you are 15 weeks pregnant. After 15 weeks you can attend Private 1:1 sessions or a Pilates Pre/Post-natal class at our friends Mhealth (subject to availability). Please refer to Pre/Post-natal information under the FAQ section and provide a completed Authority to Exercise form.
At DEFY Pilates Pty Ltd T/A DEFY Method our class sizes are small and can fill quickly. This is why our Cancellation Policy exists which all clients must be adhere to:
- Group classes: Cancellations need to be made more than 12 hours prior to your class beginning (morning or evenings). We understand that sometimes unforeseen circumstances can arise but we have to be strict, fair and consistent with all clients across all studios therefore NO exceptions will be made.
- Private sessions: A 24hr cancellation policy applies. NO exceptions.
Payment must be made upon booking, NO exceptions. To book into a class you must either have credits in your account or pay at the time of booking.
Suspending Monthly Passes and Memberships
Monthly passes CANNOT be extended unless you are injured, in which case we will ask for a letter from your doctor.
Memberships may be frozen twice per year for a maximum 4 weeks each time unless you are injured, in which case we will ask for a letter from your doctor.
Please be aware when purchasing your Monthly pass that you will be required to use your pass within 30 days otherwise we recommend for you to purchase a Block session pack.
Age limits and restrictions
DEFY Pilates Pty Ltd T/A DEFY Method does not offer childcare services. You must be at least 16 years of age to attend our classes. Children younger than this age are not permitted in our studios and are not to be left in the reception area or the studio while you attend classes. You may be turned away from the studio should you arrive with your children as it is not a safe environment and can cause disruptions to other clients.
I agree that DEFY Pilates Pty Ltd T/A DEFY Method is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of my personal belongings while I attend class. I understand that classes may be physically strenuous and I voluntarily participate in them with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death. I agree that neither I, my heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against DEFY Pilates Pty Ltd T/A DEFY Method or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
DEFY Pilates Pty Ltd T/A DEFY Method does not assume responsibility for any lost or stolen personal property. If you do become the victim of a theft, immediately report it to a DEFY Pilates Pty Ltd T/A DEFY Method staff member.
By booking into a class you automatically agree to the above Terms & Conditions.